To celebrate the 40th anniversary of Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon in 2016, Jordan Winery produced 18-liter Melchior wine bottles for the first time. This month, we are launching our first poster contest in 2018, seeking an artist to help create artwork for a limited-edition poster that will commemorate the next release of this rare wine from the 2014 vintage.
The Jordan Melchior debuts annually with a special offering of the newest vintage of Jordan Cabernet Sauvignon. Beautifully etched, numbered and painted by hand, only eight of these 18-liter wine bottles are produced for sale each year. We hope their impressive size and past Le Tour de Melchior poster artwork inspires exciting poster contest entries in 2018. The winning art submission will be printed and featured at each restaurant event around the country, as well as at the winery’s annual Christmas at Jordan event.
2018 Poster Contest Submission Information:
Submissions should incorporate the Melchior wine bottle and portray the scale of the bottle. Digitally designed artwork is requested; unfortunately, original paintings cannot be accepted. As a French-inspired wine brand, submissions should also be more art nouveau in style. Submit an electronic copy of your contest submission by July 13, 2018, to be considered for this event. Please also submit an abstract that concisely describes your work in 100-200 words in length.
All Jordan wine poster contest entrants must 21 years of age or older.
Review the guidelines for the competition. Entries that do not follow the guidelines may be disqualified from the competition.
- Art is to be the original work of the entrant; lettering may be original or come from any kind of art service.
- The artwork must be in a finished electronic file format (.ai, .tiff or .eps) and at least 300 dpi.
- The printed poster will include the following information:
Le Tour de Melchior
2014 vintage (2014 portrayed on the bottle suffices)
Jordan logo (high-resolution version)
- Poster size is 24 x 36 inches
- Artists retain all rights to the design with the winner signing a written agreement granting exclusivity of the design to Jordan Vineyard & Winery.
- The second through fourth runners-up may be contacted in the future for permission to use their designs in social media promotions with compensation.
- The second through fourth runners-up will be notified if their design has been selected as a finalist for the 2020, 2021 and 2022 Le Tour de Melchior poster designs. If selected, each artist will receive $1,000 during the calendar year the poster is produced.
Register for the art contest and submit your poster design. Submissions will be accepted via Google Form through July 13, 2018, 11:59 p.m. PST. For questions about your submission, please contact Nicole at nwells (at) jordanwinery (dot) com.
Judging takes place July 25-27, 2018, and will be conducted by a selected panel of employees from Jordan Vineyard & Winery. The art contest winner will be announced August 9, 2018, via the email provided. Submissions will be prepared and will be judged on a 100-point scale as follows:
- Creativity (50 points)
- Composition (25 points)
- Artistic Quality (25 points)
- July 13, 2018 – Poster art submission deadline
- July 25-27, 2018 – Posters judged by selected panel
- August 9, 2018 – Announcement of winner
The first place winner receives a $1,000 cash prize.
The second through fourth runners-up will receive a gift.
Good luck to all the artists. Please email us if you have any questions.