Appointing a Delaware Registered Agent for Your LLC


To change your LLC’s registered agent in Delaware, you need to file a Certificate of Amendment. You can download the Certificate of Amendment for LLCs from the Delaware Division of Corporations. There are different ones for foreign LLCs, corporations, foreign corporations, partnerships, LPs, LLPs, foreign LPs and foreign LLPs.

The certificate is straightforward and somewhat similar to your LLC’s original Certificate of Formation. You’ll provide the new registered office and registered agent information in Section 2.

The fee to change your LLC’s registered agent is $50 for LLCs and most other businesses. It’s $5 for nonprofits.

You can submit the Certificate of Amendment by mail, in person, by fax or online.